Friday, June 17, 2011

Where Are You?

I know you’re out there. I’m just not sure where you are. God has given me a vision for media and how we can use it effectively for global outreach. And I’m convinced I’m not the only one who has been given this vision. Yes, you are out there somewhere. You feel the same way that I do. You know there is something terribly wrong with the world. You probably feel the Church has been ineffective in reflecting the true nature of Christ. You know media is a problem, but you also feel that somehow it’s the solution. You’re not sure how to express or articulate how you feel. And when you talk to people about these issues, they seem to look at you as if you are speaking a foreign language. You just don’t have the words or haven’t connected the dots to make it seem sensible and reasonable.

Whether you work in the media and entertainment industry or in some other occupation, it really doesn’t matter. If God’s given you a vision for media, He’s given you the vision. We need each other. I need you, and you need me. I want to provide you with the resources, information and knowledge that I’ve accumulated for the past 25 years in my search for the truth and on my quest to fulfill my calling as a media missionary.

My part is to build Media Missionary School, both a physical and virtual place of ministry, and to inspire others to duplicate it. I need your help to continue to do what I am doing, so that I can help you to fulfill the mission and the calling that God has given you. So we need each other. That’s the bottom line. So where are you?

Do you want to change culture? Do you want to change the world? Then the first step is to develop visual storytellers for global outreach. That means that we will need to raise up, equip, train, and support media missionaries to the mainstream media and entertainment industry. In order for that to happen, we will need to develop the messenger and the message And none of this happens unless we can educate the Body of Christ on issues of media, faith and culture. That’s why we need each other.

God may very well be calling you to play a part in this mission. First he may call you to actually work in the media as a media missionary. Or he can be calling you to work at the local church as a conduit to inspire, mentor and raise up media missionaries. I want to help you to fulfill your calling and the vision God has put on your heart.

One thing is for sure—that nagging or impression from God will not go away. You may not have all the answers, or perhaps none of this completely makes sense. But I’m sure you are part of the puzzle and have part of the solution. I hope to help you to fill in the missing pieces.

We are not called to serve on an island. That’s why we need each other to fulfill our destiny and calling. One of the reasons that Christianity has hit the wall is because we are all doing our own thing. We are one Body with many parts, and each has a function to fulfill. My part is to empower you, inspire you, and give you practical information and knowledge that will allow you to fulfill your purpose. Together, we can serve as one to fulfill the Great Commission through the use of media and entertainment to evangelize the entire globe.

Where are you? You most certainly are out there. I am praying that God will connect us. With his help we can find each other and put the pieces together.

Here’s how you can find me:

Harold Hay, President and Founder
Media Missionary School and Flannelgraph Ministries

Phone: 859-918-6220.

E-mail: harold_media@insightbb.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment